Thursday, September 10, 2009



These two pieces are from the artist Michael Anderson. The one on the right is entitled Beijing Olympics and the one on the left is The Dark Knight Diptych. Both pieces are from collages made from city poster and billboards. The Beijing Olympics piece is from billboards collected in, you guessed it, China, while I'm guessing The Dark Knight Diptych was collected from NYC. Anderson is from the Bronx and has been working on these collages since the 90's. I'm interested in them when they are simple and the focus is less on an insane composition but more on the textures caused by the paper that is glued together. What also should be noted is that each of Anderson's piece have a very short shelf life. I'd expect a considerable amount of damage to each piece within five years of purchasing. I've had first hand experience with these pieces falling apart just by litely handling them. Of course one could always shalack or frame the piece for preservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment